Merry Christmas, Friends of Chosen for Life Ministries!
We want to remind you of the Good News of this season! Our loving Father saw fit to bring His Son into this world to redeem it through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. Friends, what a truth to celebrate! Because of this, we have been adopted into His family as sons and daughters. We are both called and already equipped to offer that very love to the orphaned and vulnerable children of this world. This is at the very heartbeat of the Christmas season and the motive behind everything that we do at CFLM.
Thank you for choosing to play such a significant role in this journey. Celebrate with us as we look back on all that our Lord has accomplished in and through this ministry in 2016:
- Our staff has grown to three part-time employees and one full-time Director.
- We moved into our first office space and were able to open a Clothes Closet which is free to foster families.
- Our educational outreach expanded from 160 attendees in 2015 to over 350 attendees in 2016.
- We provided over $58,000 in financial assistance to help welcome 21 children into their forever families.
- We served six local widows while raising over $106,000 at our annual Both Hands project. These funds will allow us to continue providing financial assistance to Christian couples who are adopting.
- We gifted our 100th My Name Matters Set. Each set includes a Jesus Storybook Bible, duffle bag, towel and pillowcase all personalized with a foster child's name. This is to remind them that they, and their name, matter.
- We created our 57th care team through the members of our 24 support churches. This means over 550 church members have been trained to fill some support role in our Foster Care Initiative.
We also celebrate the many stories that reveal God's desire to continue using this ministry to be His hands and feet to our community. Foster parents have been drawn to the church after experiencing the love and support of their Care Teams. Case managers have felt encouraged and supported by our staff and volunteers as they work to care well for our community's children. Foster parents have witnessed the identity their child feels as they long to only use their personalized towel from their My Name Matters set.
We are certain that CFLM has many future stories to celebrate, and we ask that you help make these a reality. A gift from you will not only bless a child, but it will also help grow support for fostering and adoptive families. Please prayerfully consider partnering financially with us so that we may continue caring for the orphaned and vulnerable children of this community.
To learn about ways to donate, visit our website here: http://www.chosenforlifeathens.com/donate/